- Ukraine: ArcelorMittal workers protest unsafe conditions and poor wages
- French cosmetics brand Yves Rocher dismisses union members
- MENA: Textile unions continue to progress in organizing and bargaining
- DowDuPont: Don’t Spin Off Worker Rights!
- Iraqi electricity workers win inclusion for 150,000 precarious workers
- Belarus: Independent union leaders face long prison sentences
- South Africa: Union condemns retrenchment of 1,722 mineworkers at Evander gold mine
- Signatories to the 2018 Accord
- Brands that have not signed the 2018 Accord
- Unions to take joint action against General Electric
- Germany: Standing ovation for dismissed Deliveroo shop stewards as DGB Congress pledges solidarity and support for rights in the platform economy
- Spain: Amazon workers strike against abuse of temporary workforce and dependence on zero-hour contracts
- Liberia: REINSTATED! Health Unionists Dismissed During Ebola Crisis Return to Work
- Korea (South): Han Sang Gyun Free at Last
- UK: How trade unions are gearing up for the fourth industrial revolution - 150 years after the first TUC meeting in Manchester
- UK: Tiny IWGB union finds crowdfunding slingshot in David and Goliath battle with Deliveroo
- New Zealand: Where is the outrage over contracts banning workers from joining a union?
- Afghanistan: Government Must Cease Anti-Union Campaign
- Palestine: Thirteen journalists injured in bloody repression of Gaza protests
- Palestine: ITUC condemns killings of Palestinian civilians
Author Archives: news
During the ongoing group collective bargaining process with Turkey Metal Industrialists’ Union (MESS) covering 130 thousand workers, at a stage when the strike was declared in the workplaces, the Ministerial Cabinet banned our strike decision. In the collective bargaining negotiations … Continue reading
During group collective bargaining negotiations in GE Grid Solutions, ABB Electricity, Schneider Electricity and Schneider Energy workplace, we couldn’t reach to an agreement. As a result of this, on 20th of January, 2200 Birleşik Metal İş members started our “Metal … Continue reading
Turkish Court Ordered RENAULT (RNO:PAR) To Pay More Than 2 Mıllıon Euros Fıne According to a declaration made by DİSK-Birleşik Metal İş (United Metalworkers’ Union) union in Turkey, local labour court of Bursa city in Turkey, ordered French auto producer … Continue reading
Secular, Democratic, Indepedent, Social State of Law Cannot be Created by Dictators, It Will be Creation of Workers!
We are going through extraordinary days. Our country once again came to the verge of a coup d’etat. Starting with yesterday evenning, discussion about a military coup came up. Our country many times has encountered military coups and coup attempts … Continue reading
Birleşik Metal İş organized workplace actions in all the workplaces it is organized. Below you can find links to photos from the factories. The declaration about 8th of March was read by the women workers in the workplaces. In the … Continue reading
Birlesik Metal Is declared Indefinite Strike in Metal Sector covering around 15 000 workers in 42 companies starting by 29th of January 2015
Negotiations between Birleşik Metal-İş union and Metal Employers’ Association (MESS) during the “group collective bargaining agreement” (*) for 2014-2016 term has stuck because of impositions of metal employers organization. This will result with an historic strike in the metal sector … Continue reading
Honourable Prime Minister Erdoğan We received news that on 21 April, police violently intervened to break up a trade union meeting which was scheduled to plan for its annual May Day activities at Taksim Square. Indeed, police fired tear gas … Continue reading
You can reach official translation of the new “Trade Unions and Collective Bargaining Law” here.